Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas in the Kitchen

The Lord blessed my friend with a large crop of pecans and she shared some with me.  Thanks Janice!  Pecan pie ?  Maybe but first I put up my final Christmas decoration.
I had bought a garland from the Habitat Restore months ago.  It was about $1, maybe less.  I had purchased some of those red satin balls at a yard sale.  I never intended to use them on the tree :)  Pretty Christmas ribbon was bought last year at a discount price.  I cut off 2 sections of the green garland with some snips.  I began laying some decorations I already had on top of each piece of garland.  Since I had no wire to attatch them I used some black fishing line.  Wrapped it around each item like I would have wire. It worked well and didnt show from the front.

Since I was going to hang this on my cabinet doors I added a long length of red ribbon to the backside of the top of the garland bundle.  I wrapped the line around it also.

I brought the ribbon to the inside of the cabinet door and tied it to an upside down hook.  I used the removeable kind.  You could also use a nail or tape.
A quick job finished.  Cost almost nothing and I have garland left over to decorate the mailbox. Maybe this is not the final decoration?   Pecan pies first or maybe that yummy apple pie thing Mama used to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment